Let's see some Pygmys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww they're sweet! May I ask where you got your Banded Pygmy Python from? Ive been searching and I'm not having much luck unfortunately.

I don't have any Perthensis but I do have a pair of pygmy banded,here is what they looked like as babies20160109_111527.jpgunfortunately I have a **** new PC & can't get to most of my pics

I know,when I bought my pair we called them worms.
Hey as a side note how do you find the pygmy banded?
I was at a pet shop recently and the guy said they found them snappy but my pair are fine, the male is a little cage defensive and fine once out but the female is placid as

My female is the more placid of the pair too! She has handled really well since I've had her, with the exception of about 2 weeks ago she bit and coiled of my hand. As soon as I picked her up I could see her behaviour was different, and thought that might happen, but she wouldn't let me put her down either. But other than that, no bites.
The sire is a bit jumpy when first touched but settles down after not too long. He's not particularly snappy either.
As for the babies they are a mixed bag! Some are chilled as, some are feisty (especially 1), and a couple just can't decide from day to day.

Mine was snappy in the past but has settled down nicely. I kept changing the way I interacted with him until he stopped biting. I haven't been bitten for a few months now and he is very chilled in the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back