Bringing Humidity Down In Click Clack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex.snaith

Reaction score
Hey All!

Just wondering how to bring down the humidity in my 3 month old spotted python enclosure.

I am using a click clack with a paper towel substrate. Has a water bowel that's no bigger than 4x4cm. Hot spot is at 33 degrees, cool spot at 27 degrees. Just wondering how to bring down the temps on the cool side and lower the humidity. The humidity is at 70% right now, which I am quite worried about because of respiratory infection.

-How to bring down temps in cool side

-How to drop the humidity.

Cheers and loving the continuous help I keep getting! Thanks a lot.

Cheers, Alex

You could always drill more holes in the top or sides of the tub, to increase ventilation and air movement. But, it depends on where you live and the temps/humidity there too.

A photo of your click clack will help, but I would suggest more ventilation. What is your heat source?
More ventilation should solve both problems.

Heat source is a heat mat, covers 50% of the cage, maybe less. Will be putting more ventilation in tonight, see if that helps. Will take a photo when I get home

Just make sure the holes are too small for the animal to get its snout into or it might damage the skin around the nose if it tries hard to escape by pushing into the holes.

Jamie

Heat should only be a third of the tub. Try moving the tub further off the heat too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

my click clack don't sit flatly on the surface, can I grey tape it to the bottom of the tub without doing damage to the heat mat?

You would want to use tape that can handle the heat. Alternatively put the heat mat under a tile and sit your tub on that. See what temps you get.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back