Swcp Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peckoltia

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi

Got my first batch of eggs out of my SWCP - female laid 16 healthy eggs (no slugs). Incubation seems to be going well so far, with the incubator I made holding a constant temp of 31C. I created a laying box for her with sphagnum moss etc, that the girl never seemed to like much, instead just laying her eggs under her hide, on the floor of the enclosure.

Eggs were laid on the 6/1/2017 so the hatch date should be around the 25th of Feb (~50days).

Hatchies will be mixed locality. As the mother is a Yallingup and the male is mixed (greenough X somewhere else).

Anyone else got any SWCP eggs cooking?

Snowman - the male that got the job done was a tiny little hatchie I got from you about 2.5 years ago, grown into a nice adult snake. I got a female off you too about 6 months later, that is also progressing nicely.

Cheers,

Alex

beautiful mama, look forward to seeing the smalls when they're born

Thanks Yon.

Mum has started feeding again, which is always a good sign.

Opened up the incubation container this morning to have a look (trying to only have a look about once a week) - and all the eggs seem to be doing well.

Good luck. I was always checking on my first clutch of eggs too. You will soon grow out of it. Always good to see WA members on here.

Best of luck Peckoltia! Looking forward to seeing what they throw! Got a pic of the male?

My eggs don't hatch until March 7th :( feels like a long time away! Day 52 approaching for you fast :)

Thanks for the comments.

One of the eggs on top of the pile has moulded up pretty badly. It is actually the egg in the pic at the top of the pile near the bottom of the pic (with the largest dent) started moulding about two weeks ago. It is fairly stuck to the other eggs so I haven't removed it. So far no mould has spread to any of the other eggs. I have applied some tinea powder to the egg that has moulded and gently wiped some off with cotton bud dusted with tine powder. I also applied a very small amount of powder to the eggs directly attached the moulded egg. So far so good ( no mould spreading to other eggs).

Day 52 for me is on the 27th of feb! so not too long now.

Candled the eggs I could get to last night and they are all of veins and can see the little guys moving about in their eggs. At first it was just a dark mass kind of moving from side to side in the eggs now I can see what resembles a small snake. I candled the egg that has grown mould and can still see a small amount of veins, so fingers crossed it hatches - although I don't hold much hope. I'll just be grateful if it doesn't spread mould to other eggs.

Next clutch I will make an effort to separate the eggs - save me some anxiety if one does go bad in the future.

45 days in.

1egg is caked in mould - very little hope for this egg.

The remaining good eggs are still looking great, no mold and are beginning to dimple. Could see the first hatchie by the end of the week or early next week. Bring it on!

I have a clutch too. Tough things given the way they ended up after being laid (lay box overturned by the mother pretty soon after). Been in the incubator for a while now and still looking surprisingly healthy.

Bad luck about the mouldy egg, but it sounds like the rest are going well, Peckoltia. Fingers crossed for you.

S

52 days in and no heads have started poking out. Could be any day now (hopefully).

I have held a steady incubation temperature of 30.8 to 31.0 the whole incubation period.

The waiting is killing me.

Hatchies started to emerge this morning!

3 pipped on their own and I have made a small flap in the rest for them to emerge from. All eggs that I have made an incision into appear to have healthy little hatchies inside, a couple even immediately poked their heads straight out for a look.

Happy days.

Prof-Moreliarty; I probably should have chosen my words more carefully. The mouldy egg was the only one I didn't cut this morning (was time poor to get to work). I didn't want to cut this egg incase is was full of rancid juices and leave it with the rest of the eggs/hatchies all day while I was at work. Will cut this egg when I get home tonight and see how it goes.

There was also be one at the bottom of the pile I didn't cut also. Will get into this one when I have more time to concentrate tonight.

Moved the clump of eggs to a new clean container with damp paper towel as substrate and put them back in the incubator. Get them out of the hatching container - so they don't get covered in vermiculite.

Will take some pics too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back