Vhs Expo 2017

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stompsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Anyone venture out to the Expo today?

Thoughts? And what did you buy?

I got some Green Tree Frogs and two more Pink Tongue Skinks, although I shouldn't really have purchased anything!!

Some nice reptiles but there definitely wasn't as many displays as last year and that made for lots of pushing and shoving to even get a glimpse of anything.

Have to say, my favourite of the day was the Spencer's at the Lilydale High stand. Not sure he was all that pleased to be there though!

Pics welcome!

I ventured there for a couple of hours.
Good selection of animals with some really competitive prices.

Didn't but anything but really don't have the space at the moment though it was hard to keep the credit card in the back pocket lol.

I grabbed a pair of Southern Angle Headed Dragons:
Here's a pic of they're setups and I've decided to call them Ashley and Madison:
17141385_1380103882049668_326607776_n.jpg
17105498_1380104002049656_756612538_n.jpg
17141161_1380103915382998_2073111553_n.jpg

I hope to place some more plants, add some vines and branches but for now it's pretty basic.

I agree with you Stompsy, as soon as I walked in it felt smaller than last year. Went during peak hour, so didn't see much untill it calmed down. The Black Snake Productions stall's were extremely popular.
Was glad to see that it wasn't so full of Jags and such like years before, had Frogs and monitors galore though!
Also, felt there wasn't a whole lot of variety in supplies and such, had your typical Exoterra/Zoomed stuff, not too far from retail price.

Yeah we had a VHS rep running around looking for UV bulbs for us because most had sold out.

The animals were well priced though.

And I got my Pink Tongues cheap because the young guy helping me quoted less than they were actually selling for. Bonus for me and no way I was going to agree to the higher price.

Yeah we had a VHS rep running around looking for UV bulbs for us because most had sold out.

The animals were well priced though.

And I got my Pink Tongues cheap because the young guy helping me quoted less than they were actually selling for. Bonus for me and no way I was going to agree to the higher price.

Yeh we managed to grab two UV bulb but they were $42.50 EACH i was prepared to pay 60ish for two. Nit of a rip off in my opinion. Needless to say Mum loves the rainforest habitat in the living room.

Yeh we managed to grab two UV bulb but they were $42.50 EACH i was prepared to pay 60ish for two. Nit of a rip off in my opinion. Needless to say Mum loves the rainforest habitat in the living room.
Geez! I paid $25 for mine from the Narre Aquarium stand.

Horrible picture of one of my Frogs. They're about the size of a twenty cent coin.

I fed them earlier.... and now they are probably my most favourite at feeding time. Loved watching them jump around catching crickets.

E925A67C-8DF8-4FBC-B93A-F847817D6487.jpg

How were they for Monitors?

I'm in Sydney, been to the Castle Hill and Penrith shows so far this year and there has only been a handful of Ackies and Tristis but I'm really keen on getting some Sandies but no one seems to have them up here at the moment.

There were heaps of monitors... Storr's, Gillens, Spencers, Mitchells, Gouldii, Indicus.... and there were others on display only too.. pretty monitor heavy this year.

There were heaps of monitors... Storr's, Gillens, Spencers, Mitchells, Gouldii, Indicus.... and there were others on display only too.. pretty monitor heavy this year.
Who had the Mitchell's? Where they selling or just display? They are nice looking monitors

Indeed they are... gorgeous... there's something about the water monitors that just makes them a little bit special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back