Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
these are my 3... anyone know what morph the third one is?

Queensland locale Eastern. Lack of eye bands is the trait I'm basing that on. Although some Easterns from parts of South Oz exhibit this too.

My guess on actual locale would be of Darling Downs origin.

Your first 2 are typical of Easterns from the Sydney basin.

BredliFreak
Isnt hypermelanistic the black ones and yes he is eastern

RoryBreaker
Cool thanks do all qld darling downs ones have that light silver colour or is it just the lack of eye bands

- - - Updated - - -

hey Rory do you know what this one i found in the bush is (not mine i let him go) Blue-Tongue-003.jpg

RoryBreaker
Cool thanks do all qld darling downs ones have that light silver colour or is it just the lack of eye bands

- - - Updated - - -

hey Rory do you know what this one i found in the bush is (not mine i let him go)

Generally speaking, QLD locale Easterns have pale eye banding. Your pictured bluey is a good representation of an eastern from from the Darling Downs.

The one you found in the bush is just an Eastern (Tiliqua scincoides scincoides), here's a pic of a similar Eastern I saw crossing a road in Riverstone in Sydney's west a few years ago.
P1060415_zps0ne2yfl3.jpg

One from Torquay, south of Melbourne.
EasternTorquay.jpg

But we are getting off topic, this is a "show us ya blueys" not a "show ya blueys you have seen in the bush" thread. :)

Put him in the outside enclosure seen as we had a nice warm day
d20cabb6be89edd877a58b5ab604166e.jpg
93d40a8597d568346fc31ff0919a3b4d.jpg
16e66bcf004cf2339d43bd87dfb79e6d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Blueys are lazy and don't like climbing" "your bluey won't climb that" "blueys are boring I'd rather watch paint dry" my girl does it all, climbs, digs, plays in her leaf piles and curls up in her feeding tub when she's hungry, as long as I add new scenery and move things around she's happy (and no she doesn't climb up there for heat there is no heat lamp)
f76c0c6993e1e182e019b1507c267308.jpg
10f2e44308c4afaf9ec3cceafd70ad15.jpg
5dc166d5c2884077dde3b8b27a2e131c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's my little death angel, Azrael. He's a 1 year old Eastern. You can partially see the mass destruction he made behind him. No matter how neat and beautiful his enclosure is, he destroys it.

IMG_0728.JPG
I'm not quite sure if anyone would be concerned about the cat litter. Most of the time I hear its bad and other times its good. His tank isn't covered in it entirely. Its placed only on the cool side using rocks to section it off while the rest is fake grass.

I love the variation in colour around shed time.
Treasure, several days before shed in monochrome:
DSC05569.jpeg

Treasure a few days later with full colours back, right before shed:
DSC05583.jpeg
DSC05581.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back