Angle-headed Dragon Advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpNthusiast

Reaction score
Hey guys i recently purchased a pair of 2month old Angle Heads on Saturday at the VHS expo and would like some advice from experienced breeders/keepers, now I've done some thorough research into this species before i decided to acquire some.17106054_1669278260035646_40475283_o.jpg

17101409_1669278243368981_923423837_o.jpg

Now this is a picture of their setup which is pretty basic:
17121579_1380656405327749_1423841747_o.jpg

Within the setup is a large water bowl so they can bathe and drink, many plants and a vertical, forked branch to climb on. I'm sterilising some sticks i brought out of the garden by hosing them down ,wrapping them in a garbage bag and leaving them out in the sun. And ill also be adding some more vine like plants so they may climb and also to imitate the rainforest canopy as it's important they have some cover.

Feeding/Watering:
i feed them 4 small crickets each day (Every 3rd feed i dust them with multivitamin). Spray them twice daily and change their water daily.

Heating/Lighting:
I provide them with a 7.0 UVB globe in conjunction with a 2.0 UVB in a exo terra reflector for optimum UV. And heating i am aware they dont require much between Roughly October-Early April. But i intend to keep their enclosure to about 20-26 degrees with a heat pad over winter.

Anything else i should know???

Thanks.

Similar to Boyd's, these lizards like vertical "trunks" to hang out on - they perch on these off the ground and watch for any insects or other favourites. When danger approaches they simply move around to the other side. They probably also don't like bright light - these are dragons of the understorey and live in semi-shade much of the time.

Jamie

Similar to Boyd's, these lizards like vertical "trunks" to hang out on - they perch on these off the ground and watch for any insects or other favourites. When danger approaches they simply move around to the other side. They probably also don't like bright light - these are dragons of the understorey and live in semi-shade much of the time.

Jamie

Yeh I'm planning on adding more plants so they acts as a shade to the lizards.

I have just gone to the pet shop bought another large vine plants and draped it over the stick so there is some shade i also took out one globe so the light is less intense.
17121352_1669754739987998_918936645_o.jpg

17121527_1669754789987993_449557995_o.jpg

I have some of these guys! If you live in an area with rainforests, I found they love to sleep among high up mossy stick clusters which I collect from the forest.
It is really important to give them plenty of calcium powder when they are young, I had to give mine calcium power every time because at every 3rd feed they started showing signs of deficiency.
A friend of mine gives his dragons a feed of meal worms every 2 weeks, but since my dragons found out about worms, they are not so interested in plain old crickets....so be careful not to spoil them (they will not be healthy if they eat worms all the time)

I have some of these guys! If you live in an area with rainforests, I found they love to sleep among high up mossy stick clusters which I collect from the forest.
It is really important to give them plenty of calcium powder when they are young, I had to give mine calcium power every time because at every 3rd feed they started showing signs of deficiency.
A friend of mine gives his dragons a feed of meal worms every 2 weeks, but since my dragons found out about worms, they are not so interested in plain old crickets....so be careful not to spoil them (they will not be healthy if they eat worms all the time)

Thanks Zarle ill keep that in mind i wasn't intending on feeding them meal worms till they were bigger. PS how often do u clean out the enclosure and how do u do it??

I also heard they need quite a bit of cover from UVB light so i rearranged the enclosure placed the large leafed plant under the globe so it acts as a shield, and moved the vine to the stick i placed in there so the dragons can hide under the leaves.

17198314_1383589881701068_202367724_n.jpg
17161084_1383589941701062_1710440743_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back