Help, white mucus like discharge

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amynickid

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was holding my python, just doing a routine health check and restrained him a tad more than usual, in saying this i just woudnt let his body move through my hand, my python got angry hissed and forced his way out of my hand, soon after i noticed some white stringy mucus discharge from his cloaca. Is this anything to worry about i tried to have a lil look around but he is to strong for me to move much of his cloacial "lip" and i didnt wanna hurt him, while wiping away the mucus like (semen looking stuff) a tiny bit more came out and then i thought it was some of his shed what may have been stuck under his cloaca scales. I dunno. Help. please.

More than likely you got it right (semen looking stuff)that what it is/was. solar 17 ~B~

Cheers hes only a year and a few months old but already over a mtr and a half long. hes big for a jungle carpet

- - - Updated - - -

just squeezed from south of his cloaca and more white stuff came out, was like moisturiser XD and creamy XD... Im pretty sure im right, it is sperm, i hope, i am worried it could be a infection/disease/ harmful?

okay, cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

good thing i keep all his sheds, just looked at his last shed and theres the sperm plugs/ shedded as well. so im betting it is sperm now

- - - Updated - - -

good thing i keep all his sheds, just looked at his last shed and theres the sperm plugs/ shedded as well. so im betting it is sperm now

From that description I have to agree with solar 17. If pus from an infection it would be a solid yellow or white colour and lack the sheen and tacky texture of semen. Definitely sounds normal for a male and nothing to worry about.

Blue

I had a female leave spit like globs on my rug when the male was following her around a few years ago, so girls can leave leave icky stuff too.

thanks, yeah i just also realised its jungle python breeding season and he is more active than normal. im just worried bcos I squeezed him a bit.. firm squeeze to squeeze more out as i was worried what it was. not to hard. he got mad but didn't seem to be in pain. just worried i hurt him, but doesn't help having severe anxiety.

I also just noticed with my two hatchies (this post was mine for years ago but i forgot the password) my two little hatchies i was trying to pop gentle and noticed one i was popping had clear droplet of water like substance come out. I'm assuming urates or water moisture from last feed? And my ther hatchy had a clearish yellowish same thing when squeezing to try popping. Was worried I hurt it again. Are my suspicions correct? urates? water? nothing to worry about as I didn't put too much pressure on as i didnt actually evert anything dunno if there boys or girls just had a little squeeze to see if any would hemipenes would come out. dunno if i done it right. either females if i done it right or males if i done it wrong XD dont know. just a bit concerned about the clear fluid that came out in droplet from cloaca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back