Hide Size For Stimsons Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhchelly

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm struggling to figure out what size hide I should get for my new stimsons python.
I haven't met him yet but will be getting him in a weeks time and want his enclosure to be setup by then!
He is full grown at 1m.

Does anyone have any snakes around the same size? And what size hide do you use?
I was thinking about grabbing on of the Exoterra hides but can't decide between medium and large!

I have a full grown Spotted python over 1m and she is very cosy under 330mm square ceramic tile with a couple of pieces of 50mm x 35mm( or similar) pieces of scrap timber glued on for sides.
This works great. I use fast grab liquid nails. Let it cure and air for a couple of days . The only cost associated with these is the glue.
The tiles are throw outs from a tile shop and the timber comes from the firewood bin at a nearby joinery works. Alternatively these materials are available at your local "GDAYDARL" hardware store where they have sausages sizzles.
They are much much less expensive than anything with reptile written on the package.
You can make a few and stack a couple on top of each other. When you get really good you can cut out shapes with an angle grinder (make sure to smooth the sharp edges).
They are easily removable for access to your snake if it doesn't want to come out.
Easy to clean.
Look good and come in a huge range of colours and surface textures.
20160902_164412_008_zps83lh9egy.jpg

20170310_204205_zpsl5a4zud1.jpg

if you are anywhere near Wollongong I've got a couple of spares if you are interested they are yours for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back