What Snake Should I Get?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahahhaa I've owned SA womas for 12 years None have reached absolutely massive, my biggest girl is around 1.8m but everything else is 1.5 tops with the smallest being 1.1m. You literally can't get bitten at feeding time if you use tongs. Some people

Ahahhaa I've owned SA womas for 12 years None have reached absolutely massive, my biggest girl is around 1.8m but everything else is 1.5 tops with the smallest being 1.1m. You literally can't get bitten at feeding time if you use tongs. Some people
Obviously you have missed Alichamp's point, that womas and their well-known food responses are not a good idea for BaileyBro being 14 and wanting a "calm" snake. 12 years of experience should give enough notice to avoid being bitten, with or without tongs.

Obviously you have missed Alichamp's point, that womas and their well-known food responses are not a good idea for BaileyBro being 14 and wanting a "calm" snake. 12 years of experience should give enough notice to avoid being bitten, with or without tongs.
My little childrens was one of the most aggressive little things I've seen... Can't even go near her enclosure without her striking!... My woma on the other hand is the calmest little thing unless your dangling food in her face which is pretty much the only time she ever strikes. Really only need to be cautious about being bitten on that one day of the week in that 30min-1hr of her seeing and finishing her food then she's happy to be held. She's an Uluru who I got when I was 15 and was my first snake btw

Last edited:
My Woma prefers my hand to the food on the end of the tongs. First strike is usually on the rat, the she'll whip up and try to grab my hand.
I've got to leave the door open or she will hit the glass hard when I go to close it, so I'm usually in the room waiting until she's really started eating before closing the door.
Couple times the snake has ignored the rat entirely and tried to grab my hands- anyone can get bitten at anytime when handling a snake, tongs or no tongs, hook or no hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back