Bredli Scale Damage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

happynagini

Reaction score
IMG_0315.JPG IMG_0712.JPG hey guys

Back in late January, my bredli got himself into a bit of trouble when he thought he could squeeze himself through the holes in a clothes basket. He got stuck, struggled a lot, peed everywhere before I managed to cut him free. At the time he was due for a shed, and he ripped his skin up pretty badly. This initiated a full shed which I had to eventually assist - I haven't had to do this for years (I've had him for 6 years)

Now, his belly seems to be a bit off. I can't quite pick them off cos he moves around a lot when I touch him where he hurt himself. I just want to know if this is something I need to be worried about or not? Never seen it before. I've attached photos of when he did it and how he looks now. Thanks

I would wait until his next shed, see if that works. If not, i wouldn't be too worried about it. It doesn't look too bad at this stage, if it consistently looks bad after a shed, make sure it's not infected. You can see a vet if you want after that.

After trauma scales can take years to come back to normal...(Some severe trauma's such as burns the scales can remain deformed for the life of the animal).
Just monitor it, makes sure there is no infection, keep the enclosure clean and dry and all should be good.

If you are concerned, it certainly wouldn't hurt to grab some Betadine from the pharmacy if you're worried about bacterial/fungal infections setting in. But since it has been a considerable amount of time it would've likely progressed pretty severely if it was infected so I wouldn't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back