Where do you buy your thermostats?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never used i-stat but can't comment on that.

Been using habistats that I get from ProHerp for four years now and never had a problem with them. All still working fine according to my temp gun.

@Pauls_Pythons I see your point and yes, they do have some grubby undies floating about. I went in there all set to buy one after checking them out at their recommendation previously and that was what I was promptly told.

Funny timing for this thread cause one of my Microclimate Thermostats has just started playing up after 5 years (basically at the wrong side of the warranty expiring)!

I believe it's the 'triarc'.

@Pauls_Pythons I see your point and yes, they do have some grubby undies floating about. I went in there all set to buy one after checking them out at their recommendation previously and that was what I was promptly told.

I don't know either party tbh but if I had to move away from the fence I'm pretty sure I know which side I would fall. My personal opinion is that a particular establishment will probably not be around in another year or so or if it is it will be vastly different from the one you see today.

Ive used microclimate/ habistat/ i-stat ive also used the cheaper ones and had no real issues. I just think the cheaper ones tend not to let temps as high as i would like with some of my monitors. I also like to run night temps on certain species and some of the cheaper ones don't do it. In saying that i don't run thermostats in all my enclosures i run different globes at different times of year and check temps with infrared thermometer, it gives me readings at hot spots and under hides.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back