How Does Everyone Heat Their Enclosures?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex.snaith

Reaction score
What lights from Bunnings should I get?

Should I go ceramic from reptile shops?

Heat cord?

Heat mat?

All help appreciated!

Alex

I predominantly use lights :)
But due to my tanks being in the garage I use heat cord under a tile to help maintain heat for my breeder girls :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the heat panels that do not require a cover as my preferred option, the hide away well; my alternative option is a ceramic lamp

Lights for lizards, heat panels for pythons ( I like the pro herp ones best), heat cord for geckos,...

I use heat mats with thermostats and i keep a temp gun handy to double check things.
Works perfectly for me

Lights for lizards, ceramic or cord for snakes.
The Philips spot globes from Bunnings are one of your cheapest options for heating. You just need to fork out for UV for lizards, and snakes if you feel inclined.

Heat cord can be used in racking sytems or even just a sigle set up for snakes, geckos and other nocturnal lizards such as sand swimmers.

Ceramic for snakes.
Normal heat/infrared globes for other reptiles (except turtles, I don't keep them so wouldn't have a clue what to use for those, I assume a water heater in addition to a globe).

You can buy comercial reptile globes if you want but cheap non-comercial globes will do the trick. From Bunnings, I would have to say Phillips Helogen lights in various wattages (dpeneding on temp). I always buy comerical reptile globes for UVA/B though.

I have been told that the Philips Tornado (I think) globes give off UV. You would need to look into it first.

Lights for lizards, ceramic or cord for snakes.
The Philips spot globes from Bunnings are one of your cheapest options for heating. You just need to fork out for UV for lizards, and snakes if you feel inclined.
Could you please give me a link for the spot globes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back