Advice Appreciated

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mowgli

Reaction score
I've recently purchased an albino darwin x jungle python, it's 3 months old (my first snake).

I think it might be about to shed, I've noticed it's right eye turned a cloudy blue colour a couple of days ago and it's been spending a lot of time in its hide.

I'm wondering if I should handle it as often as I normally do and whether I should feed it as usual.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks.

I've read that it may take a couple of weeks to finish shedding. Should I still be feeding before it's finished?

maybe a clean rock or branch in the enclosure for it to squirm on and help the shedding. My Bredli usually lets some poo and liquid go and will be shed by the next couple of days.

Mine take two weeks to shed, when they start, they go off their food. I leave them alone until they shed and then a couple of days after to recover from the ordeal, also I find that they won't eat after shed for a few days so I don't feed until the next cycle. Some nice driftwood and textured Hides will help them shed and don't be surprised that they have a good **** after shedding, mine do HUGE ****s after shedding.

Thanks for the tips :)
It's been two weeks since I first noticed Mowgli's eye turned milky blue, since then it's changed back to normal then milky again. It's only his right eye that seems to be changing. Is this normal?
He's been off his food this whole time but lately hasn't been spending as much time in his hide (a lot more time basking on his rock under the heat lamp).
He did a big poo the other day but still no shed.
Should I be concerned at all?
I'll be catching up with the person I bought him off later in the week to ask them also.

As a jungle carpet pet python keeper, I see my girl change to opaque/milky/silver/blue then turn back again. Her shed is done overnight usually when I am asleep (but I have awoken to see it once so far! Amazing!). I have had my python for over 1 y and a half. She is 2y this year. She has fairly regular sheds, and manages to complete them on her own. I keep the humidity high and spray her with a mist of fresh water. She always has clean drinking water too. We use branches and boughs throughout her enclosure and she rubs her shed off on these. Takes a while. She's nocturnal and loves darkness, and her shed is usually done within a week or so. I used to jar the shed skins but don't anymore. I still document each shed. Photographs would be good too. She's my first python (Dreamsss) & she generally sheds in 1 piece.

For the first time, I had to help one of mine shed. It was coming off in bits and pieces so I gave him a bath, whilst in the water he was wriggling around so he was going through my hands and his skin was coming off so I made sure it was rolling back as normal eventually it all came off. He had a respiratory infection and was on antibiotics so I put the unusual shed down to that. He went a grey colour but his eyes didn't change, the other thing is he shed only a month before and at present he is on his heat and looking like he is going to shed again. I will have to wait and see how this plays out. He is not eating and hasn't for a couple of months, his body condition is very good so I am comfortable to play it out. My reason for putting this here is so newer members can read things that happen with shedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back