[urgent] Help Please!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a beardie and a stumpy i feed my beardie a few crickets every two days in her own enclosure and when feeding them both fruits and vegetables i cut them to about the size between there eyes that way they can properly eat the food

i have a beardie and a stumpy i feed my beardie a few crickets every two days in her own enclosure and when feeding them both fruits and vegetables i cut them to about the size between there eyes that way they can properly eat the food
Thank you for that, I have been cutting the veg and fruits up that size as well

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1143647880
Had a look at this ad on gumtree and I just realised it said they're 4 weeks old, isn't that too young to be sold? I thought the age they can be sold at is at least 8 weeks, can anyone confirm this for me please?

Last edited by a moderator:
That could be one reason why your beardie is not eating fruit and veg: the size between the eyes thing is for live food, not greens. For beardies, things like carrot, zucchini, apple should be grated, green beans, bok choy, etc. chopped small.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1143647880
Had a look at this ad on gumtree and I just realised it said they're 4 weeks old, isn't that too young to be sold? I thought the age they can be sold at is at least 8 weeks, can anyone confirm this for me please?
There is no set age for beardies, but 4 weeks is probably too young. The photos show older beardies, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
That could be one reason why your beardie is not eating fruit and veg: the size between the eyes thing is for live food, not greens. For beardies, things like carrot, zucchini, apple should be grated, green beans, bok choy, etc. chopped small.
Yeah I grate the carrot for him and stuff and have other fruit and veg cut up for them both but he doesn't eat it

Try cutting up the stuff differently, and try different things. It is a longstanding joke in our house that our dragons eat their fruit and veg better when I cut it up than when my wife does.

Thank
Try cutting up the stuff differently, and try different things. It is a longstanding joke in our house that our dragons eat their fruit and veg better when I cut it up than when my wife does.
s, I'll try different fruit and veg, nice joke by the way

for my adult centrals I chop the veg to about pea size,the pygmy's slightly smaller.
I figure they need jaw exercise

Hey guys, my heat lamp just blew this morning and don't think I can get another until today later in the afternoon. Will the lizards be alright without a heat lamp?

They'll be fine for the few hours until you get a new globe. If you are running a normal heat globe, don't get sucked in and buy one from a pet/reptile shop, go to Bunnings, or similar, and buy the appropriate wattage Philips spot globe.

They'll be fine for the few hours until you get a new globe. If you are running a normal heat globe, don't get sucked in and buy one from a pet/reptile shop, go to Bunnings, or similar, and buy the appropriate wattage Philips spot globe.
I live in Adelaide so can you please send me a name of a globe to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back