Albino Pre Shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just struggling at the moment to identify when my Albino Darwin is in pre-shed.

Pre-shed is so obvious in my other pythons- milky skin, cloudy eyes etc but I just can't seem to get it right with my albino girl.

I handle my snakes most days but I like to leave them alone when they are shedding so as soon as I notice shedding signs i just leave them be so it would be good to know with her too.
Does anyone have any advice as to what I can look for in an albino pre-shed?

Thanks guys!

Sometimes the scales feel a little lifted, when you handle her do you notice scales/lift catch more?
Also not sure if Albinos have a pink belly naturally, but as well as the lifting scales a pre-shedding snake has a pink tinge on the belly.
Oh and hiding more, my guys tend to spend more time hiding.
That's all I can think of lol

Sometimes the scales feel a little lifted, when you handle her do you notice scales/lift catch more?
Also not sure if Albinos have a pink belly naturally, but as well as the lifting scales a pre-shedding snake has a pink tinge on the belly.
Oh and hiding more, my guys tend to spend more time hiding.
That's all I can think of lol
Thanks Iguana!
Yeh she's pretty pink underneath all the time just to make my life harder haha
I'll keep an eye out for the hiding more and lifting scales
Thanks again!

We've never been able to work that one out. Our two will eat one day, then shed in a day or two.

Reactions: Gem
I dunno if its totally random but on the 2 days before mine shed (has only had one shed with us so far) she would only poke out the tip of her tongue not the whole thing! Possibly coincidence, who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back