Newby Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggly1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all im new to snakes just recently got a 5x2x1melamine enclosure with a male and female hungle python they are eating fine and sharing hide. now i asked the seller if housing 2 snakes together is ok and he said they have been together for a year but all tje research ive done says you cant.the seller has deleted his number and Facebook page i am licensed and want to do the right thing for my animals tia

Personally I would never keep snakes together (no matter he size, gender or age) unless it was pairing up for breeding
That is my personal opinion and I'm sure there is always those who will say that have done it for many years with no issues

But you hear of the odd stories of snakes attempting to eat there cage mate, of hatchlings eating there siblings before they where separated and things like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes im getting a second enclosure to separate them..why do people do it i mean im new and trying to do the right thing

The seller probably just wanted a quick sell, i'm guessing a buyer would be more unlikely to buy them knowing they had to buy another enclosure as well.
Good idea to separate them, snakes aren't naturally social (except at breeding time I suppose), it's just not ideal to keep them together, just seems less risky to separate.

Why do people keep snakes together? It's comparable to drink driving, when it's only a matter of time before something bad happens.
There are people who swear by it, and will tell you they've done it for years. Some people do it to save room, some because they think it's cool to have 2 snakes together.
Bottom line, separate them for their safety, and your piece of mind.

Both of mine are separated. Although our pets are in captivity think of it as you would see them in nature. They're not all hanging out together having a jolly good time. They're loners unless it's breeding season and they're searching for a partner.

Yep and a problem in captivity being that an enclosure is like a pressure cooker when things go wrong - they physically cannot escape each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back