Southern Angle Headed Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arenton

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I live in Melbourne and it can get quite cold over night here during the cooler months.

Should I get a heat mat of some sort (I have been looking at the Exo Terra Rainforest Heatwave mats). It is only spring here and in my home the enclosure temp this morning was 16C. It fluctuates between 22C and 28C ... try to keep it below 30C during the day.

I have three dragons. 2 are approximately two months old and the 3rd is a bit younger.

Thanks,

Andrew

I have a Central Bearded Dragon and he won't go seeking heat so the Heat Mat is pretty much useless, I am installing a Ceramic heater to keep the air warm. So I have been told, they need about 25c at night. Mine is getting down to 16c, he gets cold but this is how their normal habitat is, I just like him to be warm and cozy.

Not sure about the angle headed dragons, but beardies don't need night time heat. Most keepers will give night heat in the first year, but after that it is not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back