Show Us Your Rainbow Serpents!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Egernia

Reaction score
Perhaps one of the most stunning and captivating aspects of a snake's physical appearance would be their beautiful iridescent rainbow sheen. It fascinates me to no end. Today, while the weather was somewhat nice, I tried to capture this phenomenon in photo-form. It didn't quite work out the way I had hoped, but it was fun experimenting with a family member's camera.

greycoloursaps.jpg
greycolours4aps.jpg
greycolours5aps.jpg

If anyone has photos of a snake's iridescent sheen, please post it!

EDIT: Other photos didn't really stay within the thread's theme.

Last edited:
We get that iridescent sheen on our spotted python inside sometimes. I'll have to get a photo of it.

I think I almost got it in these pics.

6592515337_3eaa7e6f33_b.jpg

6479652007_6168f979d1_b.jpg

Some more photos. I believe the iridescent sheen is more prominent after a shed. I'm finding it quite difficult to capture on camera.

Wally, was your snake recently shed when you took those photos?

sheen1aps.jpg
sheenaps.jpg

Last edited:
I too am fasinated with the rainbow sheen, do all reptiles have it? Is it a sign of good health or just one of those things that happens? ?

I had 'Dusa out on the lawn on the weekend trying to take some rainbow photos when a butcherbird came down obviously looking to score a meal. Wasn't able to take any real good pictures while trying to keep the bird at a distance. The camera doesn't capture the light like in life but think i got enough20170425_142218.jpg

I'm loving this thread!
So beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back