Show us your Agamids

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more pictures of the Long Nosed Tata Dragons. Can't wait to see them next season when they're fully mature and in their breeding colours. Such elegant, stream-lined little lizards.

tatamaleaps.jpg
tata1aps.jpg
tatadragaps.jpg

I'm pretty sure they are. Trouble is, the SA species list has a mixture of outdated species names and incorrect common names. Funny thing is, we've never been questioned when we put the correct names in our returns.

I'm pretty sure they are. Trouble is, the SA species list has a mixture of outdated species names and incorrect common names. Funny thing is, we've never been questioned when we put the correct names in our returns.

Hmm, and Long Nosed Tata Dragons have had a few name changes as well. I do believe they're now called Gowidon longirostris.

Assuming it's the same, on our listing it is long nosed water dragon, amphibolurus longirostris. AROD has it described as long nosed dragon, same scientific name.

That's it. That's what they used to be called. So you're able to keep them.

I have a fionni as well lol. Had 4 at one stage. But 3 have sunce passed.

Assuming it's the same, on our listing it is long nosed water dragon, amphibolurus longirostris. AROD has it described as long nosed dragon, same scientific name.

Its now Gowidon. AROD is outdated. From memory you are from VIC in which case almost all the names are outdated. DEWLP are lazy af and don't update the list when a species is revised. I got sick of it and copied the list and update it on my phone as needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I'm in SA, but a lot of the names are indeed outdated. Apparently the species codes can only be changed by an act of parliament as they are part of the Act. How shortsighted is that?

*bombing this thread .. i am seriously considering getting another Frill neck again...its been well over 10yrs since i had them.. so i need the pros for having them.. i can only come up with 1 con for not having one in my collection [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

*bombing this thread .. i am seriously considering getting another Frill neck again...its been well over 10yrs since i had them.. so i need the pros for having them.. i can only come up with 1 con for not having one in my collection [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
And what would that be ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back