Thermostat Concerns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry89

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanting to ask a random question. I have an advanced reptile thermostat and from day dot the heat and timer plug ports seem to have been made too big and the cords plug in loose. I am wondering if they are actually meant to be like a normal tight socket fit. I am only asking as my heat and light seem to be intermittent of their own accord especially as of 2am this morning when the alarm went off because the heat mat wasn't registering in the socket for some reason.

Thanks for any info, just concerned and thinking I might need a second unit to get this one warranty repaired.

I didn't think it was as I bought it (online admittedly) but from an Aussie store. It has the Eco tech branded box and all... I have just purchased one exactly the same, second hand that was used for a month and it is so far working fine with normal fitment. I have contacted the company for a warranty review of it.

I was only asking as I have never had one before and wasn't sure if it was meant to be quick release or something odd. Thank you for clarifying my concerns. Glad I found a second one fast!

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's a tight fit like a normal plug...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the misfortune to acquire a few of these. There is a problem with the sockets, it is very difficult to fix and the importers are legally required to replace them. You can use them by twisting your plugs pins slightly with pliers to make a firm contact, this works but I am no electrician and perhaps you should get qualified advice.

Thank you for the support, I contacted the manufacturer and have been told it's a straight up warranty as you mentioned, Yellowtail, it's a know fault from a bad batch some time ago. Trying to sort it with the supplier, no response so far though, will see. I'm just glad I have another one that is perfectly functional now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back