Small Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering what are some of the smallest species of pythons and there sizes?

The pygmy pythons however, make terrible pets (snappy, expensive, hard to find). If you want the smallest 'good pet python' get a children's python or any of an 'Anterasia' Sub species.

Not expensive compared to many. I would say mid range at worst Alex. A nice adult pair on RDU for 800.
Hatchies go around 400-500 because they can be a pain to get going due to their size. (Lot of work involved in getting them to a suitable size)

The next size up would be the Banded Pygmy python. They are stimsoni but are quite smaller than other localities. Very different colouring and patterning to other stimsoni. Adults grow to approx 700 - 800mm.

The Pygmy Python (perthensis) adult size is approx 500 - 600mm.

Both are great to keep, I have both and love them. I have pics of both species under the 'Media" tab.

Last edited:
Not expensive compared to many. I would say mid range at worst Alex. A nice adult pair on RDU for 800.
Hatchies go around 400-500 because they can be a pain to get going due to their size. (Lot of work involved in getting them to a suitable size)
mid range for a beginner is $250...who is going to spend over $500 on their first snake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back