Stimson Looks Gravid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKells

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'd appreciate your help and or advise please. On the 6th of April I picked up a 3 yr old Breeding Pair of Stimson Pythons. They're my first Pythons.
When I got them home I put them in together as they had always been housed together by the previous owner. All went well for the first two and a half weeks, then the female started getting a bit cranky when I changed the water bowl or spot cleaning.

She started basking up near the lamp and then stopped coming out of her warm hide altogether. I noticed her eyes getting milky and figured she just needed to shed. Then she started basking belly up or on her side a lot and last night she shed. It was a good shed in only two pieces. And she is in the position shown in the picture.
I was planning to move him out into his own enclosure as he insists on sleeping on or around her. But now I'm unsure wether to leave him with her or not.
Do you think she gravid already? It seems early from what I've read. I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

c6b4a38e76ae7b347affc2913cadca11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should also add that he appears to be gearing up to shed himself, another reason I don't want to handle/move him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is them last Thursday. She's on the bottom.
c9f21e8337a82ff2ca87f5ed3fccb5b7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find that both male and female will have sheds before starting to lock up and breed
It is a bit early but I don't breed Stimsons, from what I've seen most people only have them locking up at the moment

I find that both male and female will have sheds before starting to lock up and breed
It is a bit early but I don't breed Stimsons, from what I've seen most people only have them locking up at the moment

Oh good, spot on then, thanks kittycat17 :)

Very beautiful pair you have I must say! In fact, I say that all the time about every snake :)

Very beautiful pair you have I must say! In fact, I say that all the time about every snake :)

Thanks, I'm pretty excited to see their hatchies... if they are successful that is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back