Waiting-for-a-poo Questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alichamp

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

So we've had our stimmie 2-3 weeks now, about 4 months old I believe. Lives in a plastic tub with paper towel, temps are ok hot spot range of 29-36 on the surface over heat mat which covers less than half of bottom. Snakey rejected first feed, but took second offering a week later of a fuzzy mouse. Prior to that, was feeding on pinky mice with the keepers, but took the fuzzy well at our place, consumed it eagerly (took about 20 minutes to disappear it) and had a nice large bump after eating it. Since then though has been staying in its hide.

Saw the snake come out 3 days after feed and slither around the enclosure, and looked good to me, at that stage couldn't see an obviously large bump any more.

But feed was 6 days ago and still no poo. Should I be worried? Doesn't seem like it's ready for a feed again yet, would like to see her out again and wondering around to signal that, but does this seem reasonable? Do we wait for a poo before we feed again or should we try and feed again since it's been about a week?

Thanks for advice. :)

At that age I would feed every 7-10 days so long as it will eat it. (And no I don't wait for my animals to take a dump before I feed them).
Though.....it has to be said that it is something that is heard often.

It will 'go' when it sloughs if not before.
It's a young growing animal and using most of the nutrition in the food. Dont worry.

Thanks!

Still no poo but she took her second feed from us no problems (10 days). Here she is just after consuming a fuzzy mouse.DSC06216.JPG
DSC06218.JPG

Don't stress snakes can take ages to poop I wouldn't say months but in some cases several weeks try taking it out on the grass on a nice sunny morning for an hour or so you may get a result. All my diamonds do their business on the lawn much easier picking up with a shovel then cleaning their enclosure out and far less smellier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back