Good Quality Temp Gun And Thermometer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm after a reliable brand of thermometer or temp gun or both!

I bought the cheapies off ebay and I've given up on them because they are so hit and miss with temps.

Will check a spot with the temp gun and get a reading then check the same spot two seconds later and get a completely different reading. Grrr so annoying!

I guess that'll teach me for trying to go cheap!

Also in everyone's experience what is the most reliable kind of thermometer? Digital or the traditional kind?

I have both but am just curious : )

Thanks!

We bought an IR temp gun from ebay and had no trouble with it. I have heard others have had problems, but we've been lucky.

Try Jaycar. If you have any issues with it you can return it for refund or exchange.

I use food industry thermometers from Jaycar. Only use them in the incubation tubs though or to calibrate the temperature gun.

If money isn't an issue and you want accuracy you can't go past a fluke temp gun. We use them daily at work on High voltage gear and they are flawless . But like I said not at all cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fluke 62 max, one of the most highly rated in the world but $175:00 +/- on Ebay but an awsome piece of equipment. WR

Awesome!
Thanks all! I will definitely look into all of the above : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back