New Enclosure Project! (picture Heavy - I'm Sure You'll Like It!)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex.snaith

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Over the last month, I have been in and out of building an enclosure with my dad - who is an expert at electrics so he definitely came in handy!

It is housing my 2 baby Ackies Monitors which I got just tonight, my Woma Python and my Spotted Python.

It is not finished and will update this thread as it gets nearly finished :D

Firstly, we had to buy 4 sheets of MDF which we immediately cut to size then painted:

IMG_4137.JPG
Undercoat:IMG_4138.JPG Drying all the pieces:IMG_4139.JPG
Soon, we gave it a sand back to put the top coat on:IMG_4140.JPG
So, after the top coat was on, we started to build the 3 bay enclosure:
IMG_4187.JPG
IMG_4191.JPG
IMG_4289.JPG And put in some vents
IMG_4291.JPG
So dad did all the wiring - made it very clean and nice :D
IMG_4275.JPG
Connected the ceramic light holders:
IMG_4279.JPG
Ackies loving it :D Finished the top bay - will update this thread when everything is 100% completed :DIMG_4283.JPG
IMG_4284.JPG

Hope you enjoyed!

Alex :D

Dimensions are for each: 1200 x 600 x 550.

The over all height is 1700 x 1200 x 600.

Only reason I've asked these things is you didn't mention anything in your original post. Someone might come along and want to use your design, so the more information the better. :)

Only reason I've asked these things is you didn't mention anything in your original post. Someone might come along and want to use your design, so the more information the better. :)
Fair enough - This was more a showoff, other than a design - however, I would be able to write one up if people wish :)

Good job looking at building my own enclosure i was thinking of buying two wardrobes and converting them.
I have two snakes a Diamond python and a Carpet python any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi Pommie, and welcome to APS. Have a browse through the DIY section for tips and ideas, there are plenty of threads of wardrobe and other cabinet conversions. Get stuck, post away. :)

Thanks pine family i will post pictures of my progress .Cheers

May I asked what you used to prime, seal and paint with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back