Reporting On Neglect?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1dragonett

Reaction score
I reported someone for neglecting some reptiles to the SA RSPCA this afternoon.

What are the actual chances that they will check it out?

I'm feeling sick that this poor little baby is so badly neglected! I offered to buy it, take it, teach the owner how to care for it, offered to look after it until the owner could do better, left my name and number but walked out feeling sick that they weren't going to bother.

The little bubba was so tiny and thin, terrible shed, dehydrated, no heatsource, no water, filthy tank. In a frog tank too by the looks of it :(

So what are the chances that they will actually go check, do you think?

Not sure as I'm in VIC. I would contact your state licensing branch also and report it. I hope that either agency gets to it before it suffers an excruciating death or anymore pain

RSPCA normally don't care too much if it's not fluffy or feathered unfortunately. You are better off ringing DEWNR's Fauna Unit and explaining the situation to them.

Thanks guys - I tried to call the Fauna unit but they were busy everytime

The owner actually called tonight (honestly surprised me!!) so we had a good long chat about care and etc and I told them my numbers always available if they want to chat. Still glad I reported them though - always better safe than sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back