24hr Heat Globes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggly1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys looking for advice on 24/7 heating through a globe instead of basking light through day and heat mat at night.im only new and was seeing whats the best way to go im in newcastle nsw and my enclosure sits basking temp through the day 31degrees. cool end 21 degrees night atm no heat at night enclosure goes down to around 18degrees...tia

I have never offered night heat ,I mainly keep dragons who come from the desert where temps go from stinking hot in the day to freezing cold at night,it's best to keep your reptiles in similar conditions as what they would get in the wild,but I have a couple of juvenile pythons who are getting night time heat ATM to try and grow them up

Last edited:
I am in Sydney so if you come from colder climates you might need to make some adjustments,but generally no need for night heat

Western Australia here, climate generally not too bad but can get a few days / nights of freezing temps

When living in Adelaide, we only provided night time heat to hatchling pythons, and lizards in their first winter, if bought as hatchling. Nights can get pretty cold.

Hi guys looking for advice on 24/7 heating through a globe instead of basking light through day and heat mat at night.im only new and was seeing whats the best way to go im in newcastle nsw and my enclosure sits basking temp through the day 31degrees. cool end 21 degrees night atm no heat at night enclosure goes down to around 18degrees...tia
Hey Wiggly 1,I was born in and spent hundreds of holidays in Newcastle with my grandparents ;you have nothing to worry about

@dragonlover so your saying no heat at night in winter time lol

@dragonlover so your saying no heat at night in winter time lol

I'm not sure I really want to get into this but why the lol? Are you suggesting that this was a joke?
There are lots of past posts/discussions on the subject in the forums if you would like to take time to search the subject.

No i wasnt suggesting it was a joke and yes i have done lots of research on this topic i was just getting opinions of others

I'd like to get rid of the bulky basking globe. Are halogens any better? I also have a rain kit in the enclosure up the other end from the globe. If a halogen is better would a spec or two of water ruin it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back