Please Critique Click Clack Set Up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
selstic is good as you can cut it to relocate.

in reply to #16 ( I dont know how to add quotes since the site was changed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, thanks so much for your feedback and advice! I've taken it on board and have made a few adjustments to my setup.

The probes are now secured underneath the paper towel with electrical tape (not very sticky!) and I have turned off the red light. Heat mat is now in between ceramic tiles ($1.15 each from Bunnings) under about 1/3 of the enclosure and I have also added some fake leaves and a piece of dowel (Tasmanian oak).

I hope my baby enjoys the 'renovations' :)20170526_173628.jpg 20170526_173153.jpg

The probes are now secured underneath the paper towel with electrical tape (not very sticky!)

Well done on the renos, hope everything works great. Just as a heads up, although electrical tape isn't that sticky and its ran under the paper, I, personally, wouldnt have it there. Best to eliminate any risk possible.
Don't have the best resolution but either a bit of silicon or tuck the probe under the hide?

Yeah, you will greatly increase the risk of injury with any type of tape. Definitely not worth the risk, there's every likely hood that the little critter will get under the paper towel at some stage...ditch it asap. Fake leaves look interesting too...hahaha.

George.

Righto I've ditched the tape! I placed the probe under the hide still underneath the paper towel, hopefully this works better.

My girl seems pretty happy with her new home, she's been weaving in and out of the leaves and making use of the dowel.

Thanks again for the tips :)

Well done! Looks great, I've never had any issue with the electrical tape and that's with 4 years of using it to hold probes & in a few different tubs/enclosures, what does everyone else use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back