Heat Mat Brands

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MzJen

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all :)
Just curious to see what brand heat mat people are using?
I'm trying to decide which brand has better ratings / reviews and I thought who better to ask than my fellow reptile lovers :)
Am seriously in need of some advice as I am a little overwhelmed by all the different choices.!!
Thanks

A few years ago, the green mats had some issues in overheating. I think those issues have been resolved.
My advice would be steer away from cheaper brands.

In my experience the reptapet brand with the built in thermostat was not very accurate and I had trouble getting it up to temps. I now use a zoomed mat (green one) or heat cord, it gets much hotter; must be used with a quality probe thermostat (I use microclimate or habistat), these thermostats can be expensive but if you keep an eye out for second hand ones on ebay/Gumtree you can get them much cheaper than pet shop prices.
Hope this helps :)

Just to add to the green mats having problems, I had a small one under a with a scorpion in it. It exploded and burnt the cabinet. I'm currently using a Habistat heat mat from the Herp Shop and it seems okay as long as I have some foam underneath it, if not the middle sags and won't heat up the tank. I'm also using a URS heat cable on my other gecko tank and it's been really good. Both are controlled by a thermostat of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back