Rabbits

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Stark

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wondering where the large species owners get their frozen rabbits from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local breeders are the cheapest
Then if not local pet shops

Thanks for the response, being in QLD there are no local breeders.
Don't actually need them yet as my olive and bhp are still young.

Chickens would be an excellent source of food for large pythons. They're easily obtainable and, depending when and where, can be relatively cheap or even free. Large chicken breeds would provide a good workout for sizable pythons. My King's Skinks especially love to eat chicks that have failed to pip. Kind of like a reptile version of balut. I just hatched out a clutch the other day for a friend. I get to keep the weak or dead chicks for my reptiles. None in this clutch though as it was a perfect hatch.

chicksaps.jpg

Chickens would be an excellent source of food for large pythons. They're easily obtainable and, depending when and where, can be relatively cheap or even free. Large chicken breeds would provide a good workout for sizable pythons. My King's Skinks especially love to eat chicks that have failed to pip. Kind of like a reptile version of balut. I just hatched out a clutch the other day for a friend. I get to keep the weak or dead chicks for my reptiles. None in this clutch though as it was a perfect hatch.

View attachment 320761

Good suggestion I will look into that

I am in QLD and you can buy frozen rabbits from some pet shops I have seen them. also I incubate my own chicken eggs as I buy the fertilized egg from a local chook breeder, but u can buy rooster chicks from some poultry farms. hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back