Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick elston

Reaction score
Hey. Can Anyone give me an answer. I fed my python about an hour and a half ago. When the snake struck at the mouse it grabbed it on the neck and tried to start eating it from there with its jead out to the side ( not going to fit:( ) the snake has done this before but after a few mintues of trying he lets go and re attachs in a position where he can swallow the mouse. But still its just sitting there with the mouse in its mouth in a position where it will not work. What shoulf i do. Try and separate the mouse and snake and see if it will grab in a better position of leave it bee. To figure it out??

Give the mouse a light shake. The movement of the prey should trigger the feeding behavior of the snake.

Was the original strike predatory ie was there constriction involved?

Give the mouse a light shake. The movement of the prey should trigger the feeding behavior of the snake.

As i turned around to try this. He had moved himself and was half way through the mouse. But either way. I thank you for you quick response. Cheers mate

My python does this all the time, it's no big deal. Just leave him to do his thing, he'll figure it out eventually :)

My python often strikes at weird angles. When that happens it can take her as long as 2 hours, but she eventually always finishes. Often she swallows it backwards! :eek:

My little swcp does this all the time.!! Strikes at silly angles then wraps around himself.! Takes him forever to work out where the head is but gets there eventually ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back