Woma Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stav92

Reaction score
So I recently got a 1 year old woma he's about a metre long. Just wondering how often I should feed him 7-10 days? Or is fortnightly also suitable? Feeding him 2 xl adult mice each time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats way too much food, way too often for a yearling woma. I feed my woma one adult mouse once a fortnight and she maintains a healthy weight and behaviour. Feeding them too often can make them too fat, which leads to all sorts of health issues.

I find it's very hard to 'overfeed' a young, growing snake.
You'll find with youngsters that they're very unlikely to get 'fat' as they get longer as opposed to fatter.

My girl is just over a year old now, and about 110cm. Eats a juvie/small rat every 7 days. I've stopped feeding her since she is being brumated (last feed was mid way through May, next feed will be in September).

Woma's are much chunckier than some of your other Aussie snakes- they're not slim or skinny.

A mouse a fortnight is nothing for them- a yearling will easily smash through something 1-1.5x the thickest part of their body once a week
IMG_7460.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back