Juvenile Snake Not Eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazreilly

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Any ideas why my juvenile albino darwin is only striking/biting his fuzzy rat but not eating it ??

Heating issues?
Housing issues?
We need a few more details :)
Age, enclosure, temp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heat is at 34 at warm end
In click clack
8mth old female... just fed my male took a while but we got there . Female is only striking and biting me and the rat haha .. any ideas ? Cheers

A tip I got from a friend in the hobby that worked for me.
Dunk defrosted Fuzzy in some fresh Chicken stock, caused an almost immediate strike (from new to me Juvie Coastal Carpet Python.)
Fuzzy wasn't eaten straight away so left it overnight and covered the container.
In the morning the fuzzy was eaten.
It worked for me anyways.

Dunk defrosted Fuzzy in some fresh Chicken stock, caused an almost immediate strike (from new to me Juvie Coastal Carpet Python.)
Fuzzy wasn't eaten straight away so left it overnight and covered the container.
Just be careful the stock has no oils, I've heard some nasty stories about snakes and oil

(I believe all oils)
Make sure the stock has no oil in it!

Although putting stuff on the feed can help!

Thanks for the tips guys! I actually went back to a weener mouse rater than fuzzy rat and for whatever reason got her feeding like a boss again !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back