Scam Adds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowtail

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whats going on at RDU, there are a lot of recent scam adds for ball pythons etc from multiple locations, I've reported them a few days ago but nothing done and now there are more of them?
Is anyone stupid enough to transfer money for these?

Not sure if anyone is actually running/manning the site. There was a recent thread about the owners of RDU, and their own "activities".

Do you mean I sent $1000 to that account in Africa and I'm really not going to get a black mamba or the king cobra sent to me ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on there quite a bit probably way to much always looking to see what's for sale .and yeah the whole front page is full of ball python scams , bit annoying. The lazy bugger uses the same story on all he's adds . He should at least have a go [emoji23]...

No, but you might have a new wife......

I can't even afford the one I have now lol let alone a new one. Hope the new one can cook though

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad thing is there's people falling for it, he probably makes 1000s a week ;/

If only people would do their research! The ads aren't hard to spot (most of them, anyway), but some people just getting into the hobby will fall for these... but it's the height of stupidity using the same description for every single ad. :mad:

Siri... where is Queen Land?

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of the day if the ads weren't successful in scamming cash out of someone they would move on.
Probably the ones for Aussie animals that are more likely to make them money but its just a sad part of life in the world we live in today.

Is it legal to own ball pythons with some sort of license? Or just not allowed at all?

Only a zoo licence can have exotic reptiles and then with all the required import security.
RDU could stop this if all new registered users had to have an email and phone. They manually check the featured add payments so why not new members.

Pretty sure for a small fee you could get an exotic licence of the same guy selling the ball pythons or the corn snakes ( jokes)

These scammers are not that sophisticated. What helps them is that people are too trusting when it comes to parting with money if they think its a great deal.
I was just helping someone out on another site before they sent money through paypal to buy some animals for what turned out to be a scam.
A simple thing like putting the phone number into google brings up a host of information on someones activity. This one was also selling dogs in 3 states under 3 different names all with the same phone number. And none of the sales were in the state the number was registered.
RDU is not the only place these scammers are operating guys, they are on almost every site we frequent. And many of them are not O/S at all.

Just remember that more often than not that great deal you saw on line is not going to turn out the way you thought it was. Just do some research.

• Common Name: Dasypeltis Confusa - Confusing Eggeater Snake
  • Scientific Name: Antaresia perthensis
  • Quantity: 5
  • Sex: Male
  • Size: Small
Now that really made me laugh my ample guts out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

"Hello sir, my names is Jessica Amanda Peckers, we are are based American Farmers charged with the duty of hunting and exportation of reptiles. We are top leading exporters of life reptile. we can supply you with green tree pythons. If you are interested, you can call us on +15714031385 you can write us on whatsapp or contact us on email on (removed) to place your order. We can ship to any part of the world
JESSICA AMANDA
Director"

http://reptilesdownunder.com/ads/3-green-tree-pythons/

Hmmm.... two first names always makes me suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back