More Illegal Trade In Reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should do more than just fine the guy... as much as I love hognoses, I can't deny the damage they would do to the eco-system. All the smaller elapids would be knocked out of their niches and probably the geckoes too... :mad: It's these people that give the hobby a bad name.

They should do more than just fine the guy... as much as I love hognoses, I can't deny the damage they would do to the eco-system. All the smaller elapids would be knocked out of their niches and probably the geckoes too... :mad: It's these people that give the hobby a bad name.
can someone find him and take him out?

Why not legalize exports of captive bred australian reptiles most are bred here in captivity to the point that it is becomeing impossible to sell some species, the rspca even has unwanted or confiscated reptiles for sale,would this make it less likely and lessprofit able for poachers to smuggle natives if there was a legitamate trade from captive bred?

2k? Probably the price he’s getting for a single animal over there.
Absolutely ridiculous

When I think of smuggling,
I always think of those cockatoos in the water bottles.
I was going to link the images, but I know they'll upset me for the next week if I see it, so feel free to google something like "cockatoos smuggled in water bottles"

It's fascinating that borderforces in all nations go on about how serious and rampant of a problem it is, but don't actually do a whole lot to deter it.

Can't really blame him for wanting to do a deal where ALL the charges get lumped into a single charge of smuggling.
Smuggling sounds much better on your record then animal cruelty, or risking our native bio- security.

Can't really blame him for wanting to do a deal where ALL the charges get lumped into a single charge of smuggling.
Smuggling sounds much better on your record then animal cruelty, or risking our native bio- security.

Ugh... any deal should be off the table and he should be charged for each individual crime he committed.

I don't get it either - people get massive punishments for smuggling a few grams of drugs, and not for animals? In my opinion, reptile smuggling should be dealt with worse than drug smuggling, since the animals can feel the cruelty they are being treated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back