Finally! Yes, Stimmie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alichamp

Reaction score
Well this has been a looong time coming and I'm sure some of you were sick of seeing me post about 'nearly' getting our first python. The day finally arrived!

We have a lovely stimmie, around 3 months old, named Cookie. We have her set up in a tub and had her about 2 weeks now. My daughter (10 yo) and I have been preparing and considering for 2 years and now we have snakey dau has been fantastic looking after set-up and very patient letting her settle in before handling (still waiting, we have only handled very briefly to get into new home and once got her out to fix hot temp issue). She knows that snakey wellbeing comes first!

Cookie refused first feed last week but we're so happy that last night she took a fuzzy mouse with enthusiasm! An excellent sign!

Here are a couple of pics :)

DSC06017.JPG

DSC06066.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome looking snake.
Well done doing your research and managing the compulsive buy urge. I bet the time waiting doesn't matter anymore and was quickly forgotten when you got cookie home:cool:

Last edited:
awesome work! cant go wrong with a stimsons

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

UPDATE! Cookie's been with us almost 4 months (wow, really) now. We are all doing great! She eats with no fuss, handles like a dream and is beautiful and fascinating to watch.

We handle and do water/enclosure maintenance in the morning or during the day and feed only at night times. Not sure if this is a thing or not but it all seems to be working!
DSC06972.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back