Reptiles down under

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we cant get it back up, someone should make a new reptile classifieds website that is a close copy to RDU.

Support this site, put genuine traffic through it, contribute to discussions in a meaningful way and the rest will work itself out.

Why would anyone want to advertise anywhere else. There was a time not long ago where RDU didn't exist and this site was the centre of the universe for all things reptile related in Oz.

Guess what?

APS is still here!! Can't say the same for anyone else....

well said Wally,this was the first reptile forum I found years ago and I am still here even though I was just into beardies then! and we have more than 10 species now

This site has been good to me over the last five years or so. I've bought and sold a few thousand dollars worth of reptiles and accessories and I don't see why it can't benefit others the same way. It is what you make of it.

Nooooo how can RDU be gone forever that was the best site and t only one that worked for me

I re-joined APS recently and have tried to make a useful contribution to discussions but unfortunately the for sale section just does not seem to work. I just checked and there were only 6 new adds for snakes placed since 1st July and they have generated just one enquiry. I am prepared to give it a go but from Feb to June I sold 3 clutches of Albino Darwins and one of Julatten Jungles on RDU, all at my advertised price of $500 each with a few special ones higher. Individual snakes advertised all sold within 2 weeks. You could count the total number of snakes sold on APS over the same period on one hand. I don't know how you attract the RDU audience but the small number of members who are regularly here are not going to buy many snakes and many seem to be from WA so they can't buy from the East. Even back in the "good old days" I seem to remember members complaining about the limitations of selling to the small market ("to each other") who generally waited till the seller was desperate.

surely someone knows the owner of rdu I mean they must be into reptiles to have the site for starters.

They are into reptiles alright, exotics included. The owner was recently arrested for smuggling exotic reptiles I believe.
He must have been the one making the posts selling ball pythons! (Sarcasm, sort of... I guess its possible)

It's interesting that he has resurrected the Snake Ranch site but not RDU which is where they sold most of Snake Ranch's snakes, they always had the first couple of featured adds.

It's interesting that he has resurrected the Snake Ranch site but not RDU which is where they sold most of Snake Ranch's snakes, they always had the first couple of featured adds.

Did he resurrect it recently or a while ago?

I think late May, well before RDU went down. It's a new site but they tried to make it appear to be a continuation of the old business.

The Snake Ranch site went down immediately after the smuggling thing but RDU kept going for months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reptileclassifieds seems like a better site then RDU hope it kicks off. They have a Facebook page that also posts all the adds on there page

I hope it takes off too. It doesn't seem to have anywhere near the audience. I have had no luck selling there so far, only one bite and they ended up being a time waster.

Who owns Snake Ranch now? I think it used to belong to John Weigel and Gavin Bedford, then it got sold to Chris Williams... who was the smuggler?

Chis Williams had a partner, ex Rugby league footballer Martin Kennedy, who is the alleged smuggler (google his name) and Chris recently left to "pursue other interests".
The plot thickens. The new website has changed since I last viewed it a couple of weeks ago, now all reference to Martin Kennedy has been removed as have photos and references to a lot of the original Snake Ranch animals like Black Prince they claimed to still own 2 weeks ago.

There is now this vague statement:

"The new website owners share a lifelong interest in reptiles and have been involved in the hobby for many years. It’s our aim to build on the good name Snake Ranch currently holds, and take the company to new and exciting heights with the help of the dedicated contacts who continue to work with an exciting array of species, and remain at the forefront of morph development in Australia."

That could indicate they no longer own the reptiles and are acting on behalf off whoever does.
Also interesting is a sole add on the site, for Australia Zoo.

There are people on APS with better contacts than me that may know more?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3456378...-international-wildlife-smuggling-ring/#page1

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha wow I remember seeing him in one of Peter birchs youtube videos talking about anteresia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back