Victorian WildLIfe Licenses, Suck.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i've recently gone through what people in wa get........and it's quite shocking, for such a large area.....but with alot of those i wasn't complaining about what we didn't have, but instead comparing things on a danger scale, in which we have some weird options.

so, i guess i kinda was? but not intentionally doing it for that reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong. Things could be worse. But they could also be a lot better, especially when other state licensing systems are put into perspective. I'm thankful that I can keep reptiles and that there are dedicated people out there trying to push for change. Hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

Get some Gillens. They are fantastic to watch, small and relatively easy to care for. And available on a Vic license.

Would be good if we could get species from other countries like chameleons to. But I don't think that will ever happen

the only chameleon i'd ever really want to own is either some pygmies, the ground species or a flap neck........other than that i find them quite boring, though i'd definetly love some of the asian monitor species. i might be getting gillens soon, just gotta do a little more research on the cage requirements. :)

Would love to find a couple of gillens myself but haven't had any luck finding them for sale in Sydney :(

We have 3 and they are an absolute hoot to watch at feeding time. And they think they're ten foot long too! Absolutely recommend them.

I too would love a Kimberley Rock Monitor but I don't see the laws changing in a hurry so I just relish in what we can keep!

i honestly would be happy with any rock monitor, especially king's monitors.

guess i just have to wait maybe ten years......lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back