first time carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

byron

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking at getting my first carpet python but I'm not sure what species to get. I don't want anything too big like a coastal carpet, and I also want it to have a good temperament. I was thinking Darwin carpet, what do you guys think

Everyone is going to tell you "get this snake". Really all you need to do is look around and work out which python you like the best, and then read everything you can and about that python and its care. You've already said you don't want too big a python. Darwins (northwesterns) can get fairly big, but as big as a coastal. A smaller type of python is an antaresia, Childrens, stimsons, spotted.

I have already got a spotted and was looking to move up to a bigger snake, that's why i was thinking carpet, just not a massive as coastals

What's wrong with coastals :( tell ur friends you have a 10+ ft snake

I know a Diamond is a carpet,maybe not the best post? but the others are worth a look

Not saying they're not "worth a look" but really? BHP's a bit smaller?
Maybe I breed Black Headed Anaconda's or something but certainly not smaller than a carpet.

The post is asking for info on carpets not a selection of every possible species everyone thinks he should keep.

Murray darlings a 'generally' a very quiet and great feeding species of carpet, they don't get as big as coastals, bhps or bredli

Then there is also jungles, yes they are known to be snappy but that doesn't mean they all are and they can come in a few varieties of colours

Darwin carpets as you mentioned are generally very easy to keep, as well and also have the albino option :)

I own many coastals and while they can be large all of my guys are very calm and only seem aggressive around feeding time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+ if your getting a hatchy and don't overfeed, it will take a long time to reach full size by the time that happens it won't seem such a large snake. Go with what you like but i like kittykat suggestion Murray darling sounds a good fit.

@byron Everything everyone has to say has merit, as @Yellowtail said Albino's by virtue seem to have the bitch bred out of them and seem to be puppy dog tame (maybe too much so) the best advice is that given by @pinefamily the "1" you like is the 1 you should make a study of and get if it ticks all your boxes, also if you want to really look at a Coastal @kittycat17 is the 1 you should be talking to ( and maybe purchasing from ) she breeds some spectacular looking animals. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

@byron Everything everyone has to say has merit, as @Yellowtail said Albino's by virtue seem to have the bitch bred out of them and seem to be puppy dog tame (maybe too much so) the best advice is that given by @pinefamily the "1" you like is the 1 you should make a study of and get if it ticks all your boxes, also if you want to really look at a Coastal @kittycat17 is the 1 you should be talking to ( and maybe purchasing from ) she breeds some spectacular looking animals. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

Thanks for the compliment @ronhalling I do my best, really appreciate that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back