Reptile licence

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

byron

Reaction score
so I already have a bearded dragon and a spotted Python that I love. Since a rec licence only let's you have 2 reptiles what way can I get more.

Thank you for your help

In that case you can have as many reptiles as you like. The two rule only applies to a couple of species, Green Tree Python and Woma are the two I know of.
If you do want more than two of the restricted species I think it is as simple as applying for a restricted species license.

In that case you can have as many reptiles as you like. The two rule only applies to a couple of species, Green Tree Python and Woma are the two I know of.
If you do want more than two of the restricted species I think it is as simple as applying for a restricted species license.

https://www.qld.gov.au/environment/plants-animals/wildlife-permits/recreational-licence

"A standard RWL allows you to keep unlimited controlled, commercial and recreational animals as well as up to two restricted birds, reptiles or amphibians. If you wish to keep more restricted animals you will need to apply for a restricted RWL.."

So in that case I can have 3 bearded dragons and 2 carpet pythons and 2 spotted. For example ?

if you could keep them, all i would want now is a black tree monitor....then i'd probably just move, because heck yeah that'd be awesome.

wait, restricted species as in things that are usually illegal there, like emerald tree monitors?....
LOL no.

Native animals that are considered rarer/more vulnerable /higher protected.

Edit:should clarify I was "loling" at - illegal- animals being kept on the license... As that would make them legal, not illegal.

Last edited:
well, many have supposedly spotted them on the mainland, so i'd say at this point they should be considered native..... guess i'll just have to move to america or new guinea to get one, lol. :p

well, many have supposedly spotted them on the mainland, so i'd say at this point they should be considered native..... guess i'll just have to move to america or new guinea to get one, lol. :p

Many people have reported seeing aliens too. And the yeti, Lochness monster, Black panthers in Victoria etc etc. Lets consider them as all being native too.

I think the emerald green tree monitor can almost be called "native" as it has been found on some of the Torres Strait islands; reports of sightings on the mainland on Cape York remain annoyingly unconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back