Treating RI's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyloop

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I bought a darwin carpet python 2 days ago.

This morning I heard 'clicking' sounds twice when he took breath and he had 'strained' quick shallow breathing.

I have bumped up temps as I suspected a respiratory infection, if his condition worsens I will bring him to the vet.

However, what do you guys think about treating RI's by nebulising with Eucaliptus oil/water? are there other treatments?

Sometimes I've noticed the clicking you described pre-shedding. Is the animal coming up to a shed cycle? I'm with pinefamily on this , vet check in the first instance.

From the information you have provided I don't understand why you immediately suspect RI.
Short shallow breathing is a sign of many things.....including excitement or stress.

I personally don't recommend anything for RI as thats the vets job. But I certainly wouldn't be putting my hopes on a nebuliser

Thank you very much for your replies,

I think I may have 'jumped the gun' on this one by immediately suspecting the worse. Today I checked on him and he seems absolutely fine, may have been the stress of moving, he is also going into shed.

If It crops up I will see a vet, at the very least this thread will be handy for anyone else with the same question!
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back