Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sibyl1078

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. My name is George, I found this forum while browsing for my first snake. I still can't decide which one to get. Any suggestions are welcome especially for those that are easy to handle for beginners. Thanks!

Welcome to APS, and the world of reptile keeping.
A word of warning, it can become very addictive. :)
The best advice is to look around at the different types of pythons, and decide which you really like. Then research that python, so you know what you're getting into. Everyone will tell you get this one , or that one. The best snake for you is the one you really want.

the most heavily suggested first snake is probably the childrens python- but as pinefamily said you should look at different ones, you can keep almost all pythons if you do enough research and have everything one would need.

Hi George, I'm fairly new to snake keeping too.
I have started with a Woma python and she has been great for a first timer. She doesn't mind being handled, is really placid, seems inquisitive and is fairly interactive.
I know I have nothing else to compare her to but she has been the best 'first' snake for us and has totally changed my perception of snakes.

I know each snake is different but I thought I'd share my experience with you. (I'm sure my next snake won't be so chilled)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the advice. I'm going to sell my blue ox towing system I got from 4wheelonline. It's still in good condition and hopefully, I could fetch a hefty sum to prepare my tank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back