LED Lighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggz

Reaction score
So I'm in the process of finally making my first enclosures and am wanting to know what people are using in the way of LED Lighting. I use a CHI for heating but am hoping to save a little bit of power on the lighting side. What do people use and does anybody have any links to them??

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

In the enclosure i last built i used flexible LED strips from Supercheap auto, it comes in lengths of 1, 2, 5 and 10 mt lengths, it is however 12 volt but i used an old 12 volt power adapter for an old drill charger that i had laying around, it worked fine and never got hot but if you wanted to do the by the book method you could go to the lighting store and get a 240 volt -> 12 volt balon, they are not really much of a cost but in the long run save heaps in power bills. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling-

I also have used LED strip lighting, I bought it on ebay with the full power kit and remote. Just be careful in the warm area if you have overhead heat as the tape seems to degrade and can fall off in sections. I have used PVA in spots to re secure it with no dramas. I also have a cube unit (ikea) for my mini exo terras that house my insects and a gecko, I used the PUCK LED lights, set of four from Bunnings for those, mount under the top of the cube, not much heat emitted, warm glow and all synced to my gecko thermostat so they come on during the daylight timer setting! Both run from a normal plug so no need to convert. Each to their own though.

I bought some white lighting strips from Ikea that are very low profile and have been going for around 4-5 years without problems. They come in sections and clip into brackets that you mount on the top of the enclosure. No dislodgement. Some blue LED lights for night time viewing are also installed (pic attached if I got it right).

Hopefully this works

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so I have looked on Evilbay and found some different 240v strips along with 240v downlights, They come in different light styles such as cool white, warm white and day light. Is there any one particular type that is better than the other??

My Enclosure has already been built with a false ceiling 130mm lower than the top to allow plenty of room for wiring and the possibility of downlights so I suppose now I just need to work out what will give me more bang for my buck.

They actually arrived in the mail today lol. I got the Daylights. Will be displaying an Olive in one and a Murray Darling in the other. Later on I will probably find myself building more enclosures, The next one will probably be a very yellow Jag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back