Snake On A Train......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How strange, wonder how it got on in the first place..

Been away for a couple of weeks... I'd say someone was missing a snake when they got off the train... It's surprising how many people just carry them around in their pockets or loose in a backpack, and then wonder why the animal has disappeared...

Jamie

It continues to surprise me that people who live in this country know so little about the native flora and fauna that an entire carriage was evacuated over a children's python.
Seriously, if you live in a place where things that can kill you abound, is it not in your own best interests to determine which ones they are instead of flying into a panic at the drop of a hat???

Mat I just say, do you think it was an abandoned pet? Looked like it a bit, didn't look like the normal wild type colouring?

It continues to surprise me that people who live in this country know so little about the native flora and fauna that an entire carriage was evacuated over a children's python.
Seriously, if you live in a place where things that can kill you abound, is it not in your own best interests to determine which ones they are instead of flying into a panic at the drop of a hat???

Totally true, however a woman posted in a local
Mums group yesterday a photo of her holding a sweet little baby snake she had saved from her cat and asking if anyone could identify it. We are in the mornington peninsula and preeeeetty sure it was a baby copperhead!
Probably better to be cautious than the alternative! Lol!

what do you think the "normal wild type colouring" is ?
Looks like a normal spotted python to me
If you have ever gone herping in your life, you can tell the difference - that looked like slightly blonde. The wild types are very very dark - nearly to the point where you can tell the difference between the spots

If you have ever gone herping in your life, you can tell the difference - that looked like slightly blonde. The wild types are very very dark - nearly to the point where you can tell the difference between the spots
no disrepect to you,but wild types come in all colour schemes from dark to blonde,that is where they get their differences from,they are not just made in a factory

no disrepect to you,but wild types come in all colour schemes from dark to blonde,that is where they get their differences from,they are not just made in a factory
Non taken :) I understand that - however the colour mutation blonde has been crafted over the years by selective breeding, finding a nice blonde like that on that train would be 1/million. That being said, yes it MAY be a wild one, however my own opinion that looks like an abandoned pet...just my opinion not saying it's right or wrong. Feel free to share yours :)

I would suggest it's an escaped pet rather than a wild one, not because of colourings or markings but because the chances of a wild one getting onto a train are 1 in 10 million IMO.

Actually, blondes are a locale, not a morph, so that animal may have been a wild animal. However, the odds of that, especially where this animal was found, is pretty low.

Reminds me of a time when a mate and myself went and purchased some reptiles and brought them back home on the train. They were concealed in bags and such but this one lady didn't believe my mate when he warned her before she sat down next to him, needless to say when the bag started moving...
Thankfully I can drive now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back