Cage Cleaning.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarron

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or used Reptile One Enclosure Sanitier? Would love to know if it is good.

Back in the good ol day before I found about f10, I was using URS “ultimate cage cleaner” works from what I can tell as in I haven’t had any problems.

Again f10 is literally the best u can get... and it’s like 25$ for a small bottle which will last a few months if not a year+

Don’t know why you are trying to get around f10 as it’s used in veterinary clinics, zoos, private collections etc.

http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/F10D

Also stop trying to farm post count, no need to create this new post

Back in the good ol day before I found about f10, I was using URS “ultimate cage cleaner” works from what I can tell as in I haven’t had any problems.

Again f10 is literally the best u can get... and it’s like 25$ for a small bottle which will last a few months if not a year+

Don’t know why you are trying to get around f10 as it’s used in veterinary clinics, zoos, private collections etc.

http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/F10D

Also stop trying to farm post count, no need to create this new post
I'm not trying to get around it, was just seeing if anyone has used this cleaner.
but i thought your previous thread was about what use to clean
It wasn't all about cleaning

You have to realise that ALL of these commercial products are marketed for one reason, profit.
There is no need to use anything other than normal household products for cleaning enclosures.

Yes f10 is a great product but it was designed and produced for vets who potentially need to deal with a range of viruses every day. Are pet animals at home exposed to enough risks to warrant its use?

What do you use to clean yourself and surrounds? You are probably exposed to far more different environments, than a snake in it own cage, as you come in contact with many other forms of life and environments. Snakes are hardy creatures. You don't need products with fancy names and claims.On a lighter note some called ultimate sounds better than a name with just numbers.

Golly gee the negative train has hit APS this week.

The benefit of f10 is it can be mixed in a range of strengths that can be skin safe, and not need to be rinsed from the enclosure.

Beyond that,
Use non scented cleaning products for the cage like plain bleach for more soiled areas, and vinegar as above for a quick wipe. Let air out to reduce smell and the fumes of bleach.

For your hands,
Regular soap or for convenience just normal alcohol sanitiser in a pump bottle by the enclosure (I just use the cheapest available, it's much cheaper at a discount chemist or cheap store than the supermarket). This is what nurses use in hospitals, no need to doubt it's effectiveness.
It is important that it is only used when your hands are not soiled with dirt etc. It will only kill bugs on otherwise "clean" hands.

I usually just use warm water to clean enclosures. I only use disinfectants if I'm swapping inhabitants or if I have cause to believe that it's actually needed.

Good point.
Adding to this it depends what your substrate is.
Does it soak up liquid from a fresh poop or torn rat, or does it soak through it and leave some residue on the enclosure.
If it soaks it all up, you'd just change the substrate and do a deep clean every now and then.

Golly gee the negative train has hit APS this week.

Nothing negative here that I can see at all. Using vet strength cleaner all the time is akin to all the problems we have with kids and allergies these days. (Never allowed to touch dirt growing up these days. Anti bacterial everything, its all codswallop). Allow the animals to come into contact with basic bacteria as they would in the wild, it certainly won't kill them.

Using vet strength cleaner all the time is akin to all the problems we have with kids and allergies these days. (Never allowed to touch dirt growing up these days. Anti bacterial everything, its all codswallop). Allow the animals to come into contact with basic bacteria as they would in the wild, it certainly won't kill them.

Couldn't agree more:D

Nothing negative here that I can see at all. Using vet strength cleaner all the time is akin to all the problems we have with kids and allergies these days. (Never allowed to touch dirt growing up these days. Anti bacterial everything, its all codswallop). Allow the animals to come into contact with basic bacteria as they would in the wild, it certainly won't kill them.
That’s why there’s different strengths that they give you for different purposes, very diluted is for every day cage cleans 5ml:1l (if that’s what you want) some In between dilution ratios

Then there’s super strong ratios they use for stuff like quarantining when bringing in animals from across the world

And there’s stuff In between to kill anything that an animal may have left behind at like a vets

You shouldn’t need to use vet strength all the time, maybe when buying an enclosure off someone, once over strong spray, then back to daily spray ratios even if not doing daily cleans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back