Marbled gecko question??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeCkO-LoVeR93

Reaction score
IMG_5577.JPG Hi everyone! I have a question about marbled geckos, I had rescued a few females and male, so I found one female In a very bad way like she could not breath and was visibly dying.. I had kept them in a glass aquarium with a secure and breathable lid it isn't to hot but not to cold, with lots of branches bark, rocks, water dish & plenty of food sources (crickets,roaches). Does anyone have an idea why she could have passed away?

Could you get an image of the animal upside down with a light shining from the back? In my experience, small geckos are translucent if viewed in this way and it may be possible to spot the complication without autopsy, if it's a physical cause of death. The cause of death could be a whole variety, either from internal issues, bacterial infections, or stress - related causes.

Sorry to hear.

When you say 'rescued', what did you rescue them from?

That may give us a better understanding of the situation and possible cause of death.

Situation it came from would play a big role in it. Like what it was exposed to i.e bad conditions,poor handling

That one in the picture seems to have a big lump on the left side of the neck from this picture.

Situation it came from would play a big role in it. Like what it was exposed to i.e bad conditions,poor handling

That one in the picture seems to have a big lump on the left side of the neck from this picture.

Females develop these calcium stores in their necks in preperation to lay, marbled geckos lay hard-shelled eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back