Anyone keep/breed White Lipped Pythons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ATB's
I will have to get in and get some pics of the WLP. The pics above are all from one clutch.

Jason

Great little snakes mate, that's awesome from the one clutch, great variation in them! I think I like the 3rd one best. Or maybe the 2nd one. Although the 1st is awsome too....;)

Looking forward to some pics of your WLP.

Here you go, he was actually good.

P6028108.jpg

P6028131.jpg

P6028159.jpg

P6028158.jpg

Jason

I want some. I do like the fuscus, one of the only species of python I keep and actually enjoy. Thanks for sharing the pics Jason. Would love to see more to see the variation of colours. They remind me so much of the Fuscus just so much colour! unreal. Imagine an Albino one. Wow.

Thanks for sharing the pics Jason, that is one sexy looking snake! Fantastic! Yeah, it just makes me want one even more now haha

I want some. I do like the fuscus, one of the only species of python I keep and actually enjoy. Thanks for sharing the pics Jason. Would love to see more to see the variation of colours. They remind me so much of the Fuscus just so much colour! unreal. Imagine an Albino one. Wow.

Albino???? No way man, it is the colors that bring out the rainbows on them. And that head is too much!! Love the head hunter like mask...looks evil!!!

Jason

Jason_Hood - Whats an ATB?

HAHA Ooopps Sorry about that, forgot you don't have them so shorthand is lost on you guys. :lol:

Amazon Tree Boa (Corallus hortulanus ) Amazing arboreal boas that come in a ton of color variants. Umm...maybe somewhere between a brown tree snake and a green tree python over there. Except more color variants than both of those combined.

Jason

I don't keep snakes but they are definately to quote Borat "VERY NICE.."

I guess they kinda look like rough scaled pythons with they're googly eyes...

On page 26 of Barkers "Pythons of the World" it says that these snakes don't become sexually active until 5-8 years of age, so I guess there is still a chance of them getting out into the hobby one day.

i just heard bout em the other day and searched APS ... glad i did ... beautiful snakes

On page 26 of Barkers "Pythons of the World" it says that these snakes don't become sexually active until 5-8 years of age, so I guess there is still a chance of them getting out into the hobby one day.

Ha ha ha,

Better make sure the offspring's DNA matched to the parent's. Brendan is watching lol.

Hi Zoolander,
NPWS keep a record of the species returns list, the earliest ones were kept under wrap but eventually leaked to some NSW hobbyists, in later years they simply posted them on the old forums for everyone to see. These sheets stated which species were kept, on how many licences, how many bred and the m/f/u ratios as well as how many went forward to the next year. One of the earlier ones that leaked to the hobbyists (I believe around 1999/2000) DID show that there were 2 MALE White lipped pythons being kept in the state in private hands, and also out of interest showed the numbers of exotics on permit. I know for certain as I used to have a copy. The data releases went on for a couple of years but stopped a while back. These records were/are common knowledge to anyone thats been in the NSW hobby for say more than 6 years.
Sorry to stray off topic, they are a beautiful python!

I would love to own a White Lipped Python as i love the bigger snakes,ive spoken to a few people overseas that own them,they say that their pretty aggressive,not for the faint hearted.I would love to find out if there is infact any in a collection in Aus.

I have heard that yes there are some in private hands and yes there is a pairing. It's only a matter of time from what i've been told. All legal and above board too.

They're fairly common here in the US. I saw a pair of juveniles for $300 at the reptile show I went to this month. It's funny how our location limits what we can have. I wish I had access to all of the Antaresia variants you guys have.

So is there any news any one breeding them yet

Yep tonks they are being kept in oz. I know two keepers with them and they have both m's & f's. I think slowly they will filter out but for the impatient, look to QLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back