For those considering housing pythons together. WARNING Graphic Images

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sure that's a snake attack? if it is, didn't know retics had GTP size fangs, jeez.

Retics have good sized teeth and lots of them. A retic is a big bloody animal mate and believe it or not as their heads grow so do their teeth.
Retics hatch out at about 3ft and will make 7ft as a yearling. These snakes have been housed together 'for a couple of years' making them 2-3 and potentially 10-12ft even if they were housed together from being hatchies.

Here are a couple of pics to add to the snake bite collection, both from retic's at around 12-14ft.
Not my images but there are plenty of them around.

Oh, and by the way consider this. The size of the teeth is only important when you consider the depth of the INITIAL bite. What becomes important is the force of the bite and recurved nature of those teeth. Your natural reaction when in pain is to pull away which leads to the tearing of the flesh.

upload_2017-11-9_10-17-52.jpegupload_2017-11-9_10-18-4.jpeg

Last edited:
Retics have good sized teeth and lots of them. A retic is a big bloody animal mate and believe it or not as their heads grow so do their teeth.
Retics hatch out at about 3ft and will make 7ft as a yearling. These snakes have been housed together 'for a couple of years' making them 2-3 and potentially 10-12ft even if they were housed together from being hatchies.

Here are a couple of pics to add to the snake bite collection, both from retic's at around 12-14ft.
Not my images but there are plenty of them around.

Oh, and by the way consider this. The size of the teeth is only important when you consider the depth of the INITIAL bite. What becomes important is the force of the bite and recurved nature of those teeth. Your natural reaction when in pain is to pull away which leads to the tearing of the flesh.

View attachment 321858View attachment 321859
Well... atleast they will have some cool battle scars :s

Great photos. And don't forget that a big Lacie is just as capable of delivering a bite like that too, and their teeth are even more dagger-like. I cringe when I see adults letting kids play with these giant reptiles in the belief that accidents never happen...

Jamie

Absolutely Jamie. Lacie's pose a great risk to those who are unprepared, and not only from their teeth.

As soon as I saw this thread on fb I shared it to!! People need to understand it is not a good idea to Cohab snakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Absolutely Jamie. Lacie's pose a great risk to those who are unprepared, and not only from their teeth.

Indeed they do. I have a friend who had 47 stitches in his forearm courtesy of a large "tame" Lacie. It certainly wasn't an aggressive or defensive bite, but the switch to feeding mode is a hair trigger with these big monitors, and in an instant they transition from benign to very dangerous indeed. Another mate spent 2 days in Port Macquarie Base Hospital on an IV antibiotic drip after a bite from a much smaller Lacie when he was heading for septicaemia.

Jamie

Nice baby retic. Less than a year old.
23472784_10212552849530165_515041154594955985_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back