Heat tile/slate questions... It's been to ling since I've made one!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LucifersJester

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey peoples.
I'm making a heat tile/slate for a darwin carpet and I've gotten to this point. *see image*

So do I put aluminium tape in top of the heat cord then put the slate on top if that?

Dumb **** question I know but thought to ask the brains trust.

Thanks in advance

LJ

20171114_190202-1916x1036.jpg

It's fairly secure.
Was planning on either taping or silicone-ing the slate to the base...

Probably over kill though...

It's fairly secure.
Was planning on either taping or silicone-ing the slate to the base...

Probably over kill though...

If you haven't already, I'd take it for a test flight before siliconing it into place. It'd be okay if it ran hot on the rock - thermostat to regulate the temps - but if it didn't get hot enough you'd need to unstick it.
Just my 2 cents. Good luck

But you need the slate on to get an accurate temperature. Siliconing it will mean it's not impossible to get off if required.

^^ yeah sorry if there was confusion.
That's what I did mean. Run it with the slate on first for a gauge on temperature. Might find the slate to be too thick and not transferring enough heat? Just a test run before sticking it down:) might save having to clean off cured silicone

Thanks for the comments guys.

I am in the process of testing the heat 'slate' out of the enclosure, inside of the enclosure, and inside the enclosure with the basking lamp on.

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back