Freeloader from last night

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some freeloaders around where I used to live. They weren't pinching mice though. A tree change has been a nice experience.

Nice one George.

The only freeloader we have is a beardie. It keeps eating my veggie seedlings, but only in one bed. I think that garden bed is on its way to and from home, wherever that is.

Wish I had some freeloaders. Depending on the time of year, mice and rats become a big problem here. I used to have a Bobtail living under a bush in the garden that I would occasionally give quail eggs. Unfortunately one day I saw the poor fella squashed on the road. Now the eggs either go to my lizards or the compost heap.

We get mice at the end of grain season. And we have small skinks of some variety in the garden that help keep the bugs down in the veggie patch.

Yeah I converted an old 240 litre wheelie bin into a woody colony so I never have to buy feeder insects again. Had this colony going since 2012 now.
20160501_172038.jpg

Never clean the bin out mate... it just breaks down on its own with the help of the soldier flies that also breed in the bin and the heap of roly poly bugs I've thrown in there. I clean my indoor tubs out regularly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back